Search anywhere on the web about spaying and neutering and you’ll find the reasons and statistics on why it’s so vitally important. Remember as a Pit Bull owner you want to help them be an ambassador of the breed. One of the best things you can do to ensure that is make sure they’re spayed/neutered.
- Live longer, healthier lives.
- Usually more docile which results in easier training.
- Spaying greatly reduces the risk if breast cancer and eliminates the threat of uterine and ovarian cancer.
- Spaying eliminates the heat cycle and everything associated with it.
- Spaying helps rid the incessant crying, howling, and nervous behavior.
- Neutering prevents testicular cancer and prostate problems.
- Neutering can also help reduce other serious health problems like hernias and anal tumors.
- Neutering at a younger age reduces dominance or aggression related behavior issues. (possession, food guarding, territory marking, dog aggression, and “humping”.)
- Neutering relieves that urge to search for a female in heat.
- Neutering can also help prevent that urge to roam which can result in getting lost, injured, or killed.